Monthly Review: Looking back on July '19
Hi, folks! Lucas here. I have some major developments to talk about with you!
Buckle up, because these are going to be good...
That's right, folks! Going forward, we will be switching over from Mirus to Attra!
We've decided to make this change for a number of reasons and we want to be completely transparent about why:
- It's easier to pronounce. After frequent confusion of how to pronounce Mirus correctly (often said as 'MY-RISS' instead of 'MEER-US',) we opted to move toward a name that most folks could pronounce correctly right from the get-go.
- The font and lettering is more uniform. Like I've said in the past, we're very receptive to feedback here. In fact, we had received quite a lot regarding the font and lettering in the previous logo, especially with regard to the spacing between the letters and their differences in width. Under Attra, we've revised the font and each letter has a similar width. Additionally, the A's on either end help to provide greater symmetry, an elevated look, and just greater visual appeal in general.
- It's differentiated. Again, we're very receptive to feedback. Our previous branding had led to folks mentioning a likeness to other names in the industry. While we have the utmost of respect and appreciation for all brands, we want to maintain a clear delineation between our products and anyone else's.
- It's unique. Unlike our previous name, Attra does not stem from another language or origin. While our vision of creating wonderful, fascinating, and visually captivating products remains in tact, we greatly enjoy the blank canvas that Attra gives us to develop a new and unique brand image. We view this as a fantastic opportunity with even greater potential.
We hope you enjoy the new naming as much as we do and as always, please let us know what you think!
Did I say we really take your feedback seriously? I could've sworn I did, but just in case I didn't...
We really take your feedback seriously!
While the price of $649 was still significantly lower than other Swiss Made watches of these specs, we appreciate that many folks still haven't heard of us before and they need to be able to see the value proposition. For that reason, we took a new look at how we can offer the most competitive pricing without compromising on quality or any of the inclusions that you know and love (like the 2 straps as standard equipment!)
To do this, we had to take a look at where we could optimize efficiency in our logistics and how we can reduce cost in business operations areas. Most of this had to do with shipping, but we've also made a major change in how we will offer our products (more on that below.)
And as a result of these efforts, I'm proud to announce that we'll be able to offer our watches for a limited time at $549USD!
But remember folks, even though we were able to make these optimizations, this pricing structure can only be offered for an extremely limited time; our profit margins are virtually non-existent at this level, but we're offering this to you because we want to establish our name as a brand. After our first pre-order, prices will never be this low again. As a matter of fact, they won't even come close, so be sure to pre-order yours this October!
We Are Moving Away From Kickstarter!
As part of the aforementioned pricing optimizations, we will be moving away from the Kickstarter crowdfunding model. This will help us eliminate the commissions they normally charge, and so we can pass the savings directly on to you.
Of course, this is only possible because we've had an enormously positive response to our watches so far! While Kickstarter does offer a great amount of additional exposure, we've been able to amass an incredible following that grows larger every day. We thank you immensely for your support in this!
Our Revitalized Website is Up!
We've streamlined the website significantly to make navigation easier, uploaded new content, and will be providing more as we go!
Over the next couple months, you can expect:
- More Pictures
- Packaging Details (including the travel case that comes with every watch!)
- And More!
A More Immersive Experience
Here's us listening to your feedback even more!
We've received quite a number of inquiries via the facebook groups and our page fans about what goes into the forming of our brand, the production of our watches, and more. In fact, one other brand owner even wanted to do a documentary on us!
Let me tell you, I find this to be incredibly heartening. The watch enthusiast community never ceases to amaze me!
So, in pursuit of this, I'd like to move forward with a couple ideas:
- Video Channel: I'd like to start interacting with you all on a more personal level than just what I write in the blog/newsletter. With that in mind, I'll look to start posting updates and product content on a video channel for all to view! This may include small updates or even detailed workings behind the scenes. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I will do my very best to give you as much as possible!
- Increased Social Media Engagement: Whether it's on Instagram stories, Facebook live sessions, or anything else, I want to start getting involved with you all on there. Most of you have found us through social media and forums, so I'd like to bolster this level of engagement with you by including more than just the standard picture content.
Do you have any ideas on how we can interact with you better? Please, share them! We take your feedback seriously. ;-)
Project Status & Next Steps:
Our pre-order is still on track for October, so like we said in our last post, our marketing campaign will continue through then. We'll be focusing heavily on photography, videos, interviews, reviews, and more.
Of course, if you have a means of helping us to get the word out, please do share!
Help Us Out!
For those that are interested in helping us drive this to a success, we'll be sending out more surveys soon. However, if you'd like to chime in beforehand, we'd love to hear from you!
Reach out to us via our e-mail in the footer below and tell us a little about yourself!
I just want to say once again, thank you all for your time, consideration, and support. None of this is possible without the support of our community, and so we sincerely appreciate each and every one of you.